Marketing Plan and SEO strategy
One of the main strategies is SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)
- Keep the blog content updated, at least one new video or article every week
- Keep URL shorts and concise, as per ahrefs study shorter URLs tend to rank better in google.
- Maintain updated and relevant content in a responsive Website, mobile, tablet and desktop.
- The website is running a free version of YOAST SEO but a paid version can drive more traffic to the website by ranking better with synonyms and related key phrases, previewing the page in Facebook and twitter, getting real time suggestions for internal links, control of dead links 404 pages, 24/7 support and no ads!
- Content should be managed as a post or a page. Post are more used for blogs and pages are for static pages (static content like about page, copyright pages or services pages).
- When creating the content, it should follow a specific structure to It’s easy to find for browsers.
- Title (make sure is the H1 tag) and accurately describe what’s the content about so It’s a click worthy content for the user.
- ULR (modify the urls, to keep them short, accurate and concise) Body (structured with clear headers and descriptions to help the browser understand the structure of the content. Also include hyperlinks and media to help the user navigate the content in the website for longer time)
- When using media, filling in alt text description will help google to give more context to the page, it would help to people with screen readers or visually impaired users.
- Meta Tags
As part of the marketing strategy Lucia, uses youtube as one her main tools to drive users to her website to make booking for personal couching. But her videos are only her voice from the podcast and the video doesn’t have mayor visual content. So far she has 43.4k Subscribers which is a very good number and she has a personalised youtube channel site. Her video descriptions need to improve a bit more on keywords and meta tags. But she can also keep her site up to date weekly with the latest video released.
Lucia video weakness is the quality, she should improve video content by filming quality video, in a special set, It could be an office space, where she can dedicate time to her audience by giving more of herself to the audience, people would feel more approachable and personal if they are also able to see her life or in an well edited video.
Another strategy to engage to Lucia’s audience would be by hosting an event either online offline or online is a great way for her customers to learn from their peers or feel like they’re part of an exclusive community.
Even if she don’t host her own event, look for local networking opportunities or set-up a booth at a trade show in her field so that she can mingle and engage with your customers face-to-face. Platforms like Eventbrite provide an easy, effective, and low-cost way to get the word out about an upcoming event that you are planning on hosting, including linking it to numerous social media networks for further publicity. And this also would be a great opportunity to promote and sell her book.
Choice of plugins
This plugin is being developed to work specifically with JupiterX and Elementor, this plugin allows additional elements in Elementor page builder.
Raven plugin add Custom Header and Footer template features to Elementor, once footer and header are created they can also be saved as templates.
Elementor is a page builder framework a wordpress plugin where It’s possible customise in all levels templates, used for front end layout design. It replaces the normal wordpress editor to a new environment with elements simple to use.
Drag and drop elements to the page, to customise footer or header, single pages, and small parts like breadcrumbs. All these options are editable from Elementor or from Jupiter X plugin
It’s a platform to manage the site structure, It comes as a wordpress theme that can create websites with Elementor builder.
The illustration below has the Jupiter X tool box, where are all the website bits and pieces, the header in this case is being clicked, In another window there are options for selecting themes of header previously build in Elementor, or allow customise the current one.
Here is the list of plugins that are needed for Jupiter X theme, you can’t use the theme without some of them. For a portfolio website no WooCommerce and other plugins were installed.
- Jupiter X Core
- Advanced Custom Fields PRO
- Jet Elements
- Jet Blog
- Jet Menu
- Jet Popup
- Jet Tabs
- Jet WooBuilder
- Jet Tricks
- Jet Engine
- Jet SmartFilters
- Menu Icons by Themelsle
- Slider Revolution
- Master Slider
- Layer Slider
- Customizer Export/Import
- Customizer Reset
- Lazy Load
This plug in handles optimization of wordpress sites for search engines, in many ways, but the one free and very useful for this particular Portfolio is the social media one.
When used the URLs for Facebook, Instagram, twitter, etc It will tell the search engines Lucia’s social networks and that would help the browser to relate this website to those social networks and make the site more relevant.
When working together with facebook insights, It could be possible to understand what if being most popular for the audience and based on that, create new content for Facebook, or Twitter or Youtube. Lucia manages different accounts and by identifying the ones with more audience she can focus on them to keep her audience updated in a regular basis.
The image above helps to illustrate a social post configuration window for a facebook post, that has to be created according to the page or post content, It has tree parts, a customised Facebook title, description and a image.
These media options provide information about which content is being shared, and by which channel. It helps to discover when the site is being shared or liked.
When XML sitemap functionality enabled, Yoast SEO automatically generates a sitemap, updates it as add new content, and pings search engines when it’s updated, that gives the chance to determine whether or not want things such as specific types of posts or post categories included in the sitemap.
- A gray dot means Yoast SEO doesn’t have any information available for that page,
- A green dot means the page is good,
- A red dot means there are some significant problems,
- And a yellow/orange dot means there’s room for improvement.
Yoast is checking in every single post, gives a green dot if the page or post is good to go. It’s like an instant SEO feedback on every action.